David is a native of San Diego. After High school, he joined the Army as an infantry man were he would later spend twelve months on a combat tour in Iraq. David would receive a combat infantry badge, and purple heart for fighting against terrorist. After completing his military duty he graduated from San Diego State University with a degree in Political Science.
David started training in martial arts in high school as a wrestler. During college he trained in Muay Thai for several years, and has also trained at some of the top MMA schools in San Diego. After David's first Krav Maga class it was a clear match for his mindset in training. Krav Maga Focuses on reality based situation where surviving a violent attack is the most important aspect. After years of training, traveling to Israel, and being certified under several organizations, David now teaches Krav Maga and continues to train on a regular basis.
- Combat war veteran
- Directly trained in Israel with former commander of the IDF
- Krav Maga Black Belt under Alan Predolin
- Krav Maga 360 University Instructor
- Completed Krav Maga Global's 180 hour instructor certification
- Coach in Erik Paulson Combat Submission Wrestling
- BJJ Purple Belt under Steve Gable
- Completed Gracie Combatives
- National Academy of Sports Medicine personal certified personal trainer
- DVRT (Dynamic Variable Resistance Training) Certified coach level 2
Barrett was born and raised in San Diego. He graduated from SDSU in 2016, majoring in English Literature and minoring in Italian language. He also wrote and edited for the 2014 Aztec Literary Review and studied abroad for an academic year in Florence, Italy.
Barrett grew up training in traditional martial arts starting at the age of six, with Kung Fu and Aam Ka Jutsu. He continued training in many traditional styles up until high school, when he began competing in his school’s wrestling team. He moved on to sample various forms of martial arts, including Jiu Jitsu, Kickboxing, then studied HEMA while living in Florence, Italy with FISAS Confraternita della Spada. After returning to the states, Barrett became a student of AOS in 2015. Since then, he has dedicated himself to the Krav Maga self defense system, and expanded his training into Muay Thai, CSW, STX, and the DVRT fitness program.
- AOS krav Maga Instructor
- Krav Maga 360 coach
- Blue Belt in Krav Maga
- Level 5 in Erik Paulson Combat Submission Wrestling
- DVRT Level 1 Certified Coach